I have over 10 years of research experience and I currently work for the Irish Software Engineering Research Centre (Lero) in the University College Dublin (UCD) and for IBM Research Dublin.
I am interested in understanding and designing efficient and effective large scale Distributed Systems
, especially in the context of Distributed Simulations
, the Cloud
and (Big) Data engineering and analytics
. In particular:
- I have proposed algorithms and tools to make traffic simulations faster and more accurate using distributed systems, such as the Cloud.
- I have investigated the question of data centre optimisation in two original directions: collaboration between autonomous capital allocators and multidimensional placement.
- I have initiated a seminal work on testing the Cloud, in particular for non-functional properties such as performance, scalability and robustness.
- I am also working in IBM on transportation reliability, where I try to provide traffic operators and planners with insights on their transport infrastructure and means to optimise the service quality.
- I completed a seminal work on semantic interoperability when alignments between knowledge representations (e.g., ontologies) are incomplete or even impossible. I then applied this to distributed systems (P2P).
- I proposed the novel concept of multidisciplinary team search and recommendation, and built a prototype system for team recommendation (e.g., for staffing).
- 03/2016+: Funded Investigator Lero, Ireland
- 11/2015+: Lecturer UCD, Ireland
- 05/2014-10/2015: SFI Industry Research Fellow Lero@UCD & IBM Research, Dublin, Ireland
- 01/2012-04/2014: Postdoc Lero@UCD, Ireland
- 01/2010-11/2011: Research Fellow Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- 11/2004-09/2009: Teaching & Research Assistant University of Nantes, France
- 09/2008: PhD in Computer Science, INRIA & University of Nantes, France
- 09/2004: MSc in Computer Science, University of Nantes, France
- 09/2001: MSc in Philosophy, University of Nantes, France
Citations: 120 H-index: 6
: 1 journal paper, 25+ conference & workshop papers, 6 in French. See DBLP
and Google Scholar
- Best paper award, International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing, ISPDC 2014.
- Shortlisted for the best paper award, European Semantic Web Conference, ESWC 2008
(18% acceptance rate; CORE A).
- Shortlisted for the best paper award, International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation, HPCS 2015 (35% acceptance rate; CORE B).
I have 12 years
and 800+ hours of teaching experience
(lectures/TA/labs) at Nantes, France, Singapore and Dublin, Ireland. I personally developed and delivered over 200 hours of unique lecturing, tutorial and lab sessions content
- COMP20230: Data Structures and Algorithms (2016, MSc Conversion, UCD Dublin)
- : Maths for Computing and IT (2015, BSc, CCT Dublin)
- COMP40010: invited lectures on "Large-Scale Testing" and "Performance Profiling" (2015, UCD Dublin)
- : TA (2010 and 2011, NTU Singapore)
- : Distributed Systems (2009, MSc `Miage' - CS and business, University of Nantes)
I have designed and implemented several research prototypes among which:
- dSUMO, a distributed and decentralised traffic simulator (2013).
- CARDEMO, a demonstrator for Lero Research projects (2013).
- T-RecS a team recommendation system (2011).
- Mysins, a framework for semantic information retrieval (2009).
- I was organiser of 6 workshops:
- I was Poster and Demo chair for the International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE 2014).
- I was Special Sessions chair in 2013, 2014 and 2015 for the International Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT). Organiser of a special session for DS-RT 2012.
- I am member of Graph CREST, a programme funded by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) aiming at developing new tools and algorithms to process extremely large-scale graphs on supercomputers.
- I review regularly for different conference and journals in my different areas of expertise, such as VLDB (2009), ICDCS (2010), P2P (2010), SocInfo (2011), DS-RT (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015), FGCS (2012, 2015), ISPDC (2015), WSC (2015), SIMUTOOLS (2015), SBBD demo track (2016), HPGP (2016).